Huddersfield Town midfielder Etienne Camara travelling to FIFA U20 World Cup with France
- Etienne Camara named in French FIFA U20 World Cup squad
- Tournament taking place in Argentina across May and June
- Brahima Diarra and Loick Ayina longlisted but not selected
Huddersfield Town midfielder Etienne Camara has been called up by France for the FIFA U20 World Cup in Argentina later this month!
His first call-up for his country, the midfielder will complete a breakthrough season with his national side in Argentina, competing in the FIFA U20 World Cup as 24 sides compete in the tournament in South America.
Drawn in Group F alongside South Korea, Gambia and Honduras, the French will be looking to take the title from current holders Ukraine who won the tournament back in 2019.
A decade since their one and only FIFA U20 World Cup win in 2013 in Turkey, the group stages will see the top two teams from each group - as well as four best third-placed team - qualify for the round of sixteen.
Etienne and France already have their three group stage fixtures scheduled:
1) Monday 22 May 2023, 3pm local time: France vs South Korea at Estadio Malvinas Argentina, Mendoza
2) Thursday 25 May 2023, 3pm local time: France vs Gambia at Estadio Malvinas Argentina, Mendoza
3) Sunday 28 May 2023, 6pm local time: Honduras vs France at Estadio Único Diego Armando Maradona, La Plata
Named in the original longlist for the tournament by the France national team, Etienne’s fellow Terriers and compatriots Brahima Diarra and Loick Ayina were ultimately not selected in the final squad.
Congratulations and good luck, Etienne!