Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites/digital platforms, which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
509 Leeds Road
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
If you purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us; it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- for record keeping purposes
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to track your activity on our digital platforms
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our fans use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- which videos you have watched and for how long
- what content you like or share
- which adverts you saw and responded to
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your subscription status
- information collected in any forms you complete
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms and we may analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms (e.g. downloading the app).
We want you to be the first to know about new signings, competitions, club news, ticket availability and occasional offers from official sponsors and partners. If you haven’t already signed up to receive these exciting benefits, please click HERE.
You can unsubscribe by clicking at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from Huddersfield Town, or by writing to us at the address above.
Please note, if you don’t choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special offers that may interest you and our ability to inform you of ticketing opportunities may be affected.
An up-to-date list of our sponsors and partners is available by clicking HERE or by writing to us at the address above.
Huddersfield Town controls the use of your data. The Club uses four companies to process this data; Ticketmaster (for ticket purchasing), Sports Alliance (for email marketing), RSS (for purchases in our shop) and Tower (for lottery ticket purchases).
Huddersfield Town also shares information on subscribers of the HTTV+ video subscription service with the technology provider NeuLion via the EFL.
Huddersfield Town also periodically shares information with Kirklees Stadium Development Limited (KSDL), the operator of the John Smith’s Stadium, and the authorities with the sole use of safety and security.
Huddersfield Town will not disclose your information to any other third party.
Operations Director Ann Hough is registered as Huddersfield Town’s Data Protection Officer with the ICO.
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your credit card details to us, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information.
In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
If you are under 16 and register for restricted areas of our digital platforms, we will collect your date of birth and retain that with your name and other details you may provide. This is so we can ensure we treat you in an age appropriate way in line with this policy.
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by clicking HERE to access our online portal. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please contact Richard Mills at the Club at the above address.
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address above if you wish to exercise this right.
If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from Huddersfield Town.
We aim to meet high standards and so our policies and procedures are constantly under review. policy. Accordingly, we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review the latest version.