Find out more about our Inclusion Room ahead of the upcoming season
- Learn about the features included in the facility
- Find out how to book below
- Comments from our Disability Liaison Officer, Michelle McQueen
Then ‘Terriers Together’ Inclusion Room, sponsored by Thornhill Dental, is a safe space on which different groups of supporters can attend our home fixtures and feel confident that their individual needs will be catered for.
We understand that not all of our supporters are able to attend matches if they have no alternative but to sit in the main stands. The Inclusion Room allows our supporters to watch a match from the inside, with the option of moving to the outdoor seating if they feel comfortable enough to do so.
Based in the Big Red Stand, the Inclusion Room contains a range of sensory equipment, which may be particularly beneficial to our autistic supporters and/or individuals with sensory processing needs – equipped with bean bags and soft throws, to provide additional comfort and warmth as may be required.
FURTHER FEATURES OF THE INCLUSION ROOM
- The Inclusion Room is accessible by lift.
- Accessible for wheelchair user (a maximum of two wheelchair users per match).
- There is one designated car parking space in the Town Avenue car park for users of the Inclusion Room. Additional parking may be available on request but is not guaranteed to be in an accessible location (spaces are limited and must be reserved at the time of booking tickets.
- Clean, accessible toilets within the room.
- Coat hangers provided to keep coats/jackets away from floors and equipment.
- Unrestricted view of the match.
- Comfortable seats and bean bags for indoor use only.
- Separate ‘chill out’ area, which includes facilities to help individuals calm down and relax, before returning to watch the match.
- Lighting can be dimmed with the dimmer switches.
- Walls are painted neutral colours.
- Refreshments can be ordered from hospitality staff and may be consumed in the non-sensory space. Please note that food must be ordered five days prior to match day; any guests wishing to order food may do so in advance by contacting Sam Horsman by email – Sam.Horsman@htafc.com.
ADDITIONAL SENSORY FEATURES
- Touch screen controls.
- Bubble tubes and fibre optic lights.
- Ceiling light with the ability to switch it off in the room.
- Flitter ball for 360-degree light projection.
- A ceiling projector to display pre-set images on to the wall.
- Vibro cushion.
One half of the Inclusion Room can be closed off to the external environment with the blinds that are installed, and the lighting can be adjusted to individual preferences.
HOW TO BOOK
We would like as many supporters as possible to benefit from the Inclusion Room and our only criterion is that there must be a genuine reason why attending the match in the main stands would be a prohibiting factor.
If you would like to attend a match from the comfort of the Inclusion Room, please contact Michelle McQueen, our Disability Liaison Officer, by email – email@example.com.
Booking will be managed on a match-by-match basis, not at the start of the season for the whole season as fixtures can be subject to change, and in the interests of fairness we will only book the Inclusion Room out for one match at a time.
We encourage you to make your enquiry at least three weeks before the match you would like to attend – however, we receive a high volume of enquiries and cannot guarantee that every request will be accommodated.
To ensure as many people as possible can benefit from the space, we reserve the right to offer the room to more than one family/party per match.
If you would like to apply to use the Inclusion Room on our first home match of our 2023/24 Sky Bet Championship season when we welcome Leicester City to the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday 12 August 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21 July at the latest.
Michelle McQueen, our Disabled Liaison Officer, commented:
“I’m really looking forward to the new season, which is just around the corner, and ready to welcome both new and old Town supporters to our Inclusion Room.
“Having worked closely with families and groups last season, I have seen the Inclusion Room first hand enable people who would usually struggle to attend the game be able to enjoy the match day experience.
“It was a pleasure to oversee last season and I can’t wait to do it all again next season!”
Get ready for the first home of the 2023/24 Sky Bet Championship season and CLICK HERE to make our 2023/24 Umbro home kit your own.