Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


19 February 2023

Huddersfield Town’s U19s were defeated in a 4-5 thriller by Lincoln

- Huddersfield Town U19s 4-5 Lincoln City
- Dylan Helliwell brace and goals from Hakeem Sandah and Tyree Sanusi
- An second half injury time goal was the difference

Huddersfield Town’s U19s were narrowly defeated 4-5 by Lincoln City in an action packed EFL Youth Alliance League game at the Millers Oils High Performance Complex.

An action packed game saw our youngsters defeated despite their unwavering effort and determination, especially when they were 4-2 up just after half time.

In a game that included nine goals, four penalties and an injury time goal, there was non-stop action for the full 90 minutes.

Our visitors opened the scoreline in the second minute of the game despite the fact that Francis Hurl made an initial great save, but the rebound was fired into the back of the net.

However, three minutes later our Young Terriers equalised through a penalty as Hazeem Bakre was brought down in the box after he was through on goal. Dylan Helliwell stepped up and converted the penalty into the bottom left corner.

Town then scored their second and came back from being behind through a goal from Hakeem Sandah, which he fired from range. The young Lincoln City ‘keeper couldn’t do anything to stop the goal going into the bottom corner.

All before the 15th minute, Town had been awarded a second penalty through a second foul on Bakre inside the box. Helliwell converted the penalty for the second time as he slotted the ball into the exact same place as the first penalty.

Hurl made a fantastic save in the 20th minute as he went low to the right and pushed the ball out for a corner, however, while everyone was in the box, Archie Sheppard fouled a Lincoln player in the box and the referee pointed to the spot for a penalty. The set piece was converted into the bottom left corner.

The last action of the first half saw a great chance from Bakre as he was sent a through ball and played onside, but his shot from inside the box was too high and went over the bar.

The teams came out in the second half the same as the first, which was shown through the beautiful strike from Tyree Sanusi from outside the box, after he was sent the ball by Michael Parker. Sanusi’s shot goes looked to go high but dipped just in time to over the stretching ‘keeper and into the back of the net.

Our two goal advantage didn’t last, however, as a third goal was scored by our visitors after the ball was squared into the box and hit first time past Hurl.

The final penalty was awarded to Lincoln and was converted to make it all square at the Millers Oils High Performance Complex with 30 minutes to go.

Despite our youngsters working hard through the entire game, our visitors scored their fifth and final goal in the 90+2 minute of injury time.

Town’s Team (4-2-3-1)
Francis Hurl; Isaac Acquah, Archie Sheppard (c), Michael Parker, Ajay Weston (Harley Beckman, 68'); Dylan Helliwell, Temi Okuwa; Somtobenna Chukwugbo (Reece Leonard, 68'), Hakeem Sandah, Tyree Sanusi; Hazeem Bakre

Goal Scorers
Dylan Helliwell (5’, 12’), Hakeem Sandah (9’), Tyree Sanusi (48’)

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account