Another job opportunity with the charity
- New role at the Town Foundation
- Charity recruiting a Head of Education
- Full job specification below
The Town Foundation – the Club’s official registered charity – is recruiting a Head of Education to join its team.
Full information on the role, including how to apply, is below.
HEAD OF EDUCATION
Commensurate with experience
Leeds Road Sports Complex, Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1YY
Type of Contract
Initially two years Fixed Term
2 July 2017
Week Commencing 17 July
The Town Foundation is the charitable arm of Huddersfield Town. As the Foundation continues to develop we wish to appoint, in conjunction with our funding partners Kirklees College, a full-time Head of Education to lead and drive the charity’s strategy and work.
Reporting directly to the Head of Community, the post holder will be expected to devise, develop, and deliver with numerous partners the Town Foundation’s Education Strategy. You will be expected to develop existing and new partnerships with key agencies from across Kirklees and the surrounding areas whilst building strong working relationships with, Kirklees College, The Premier League, The English Football League Trust, The Professional Footballers’ Association and the County FA amongst others. The role will be initially on a two-year contract and sufficient funding will need to be secured by the post holder to sustain the post beyond the initial period.
How to apply
Please forward a covering letter and CV detailing how you meet the person specification, to Julie Nolan on email@example.com or post it to the John Smith’s Stadium, Stadium Way, Huddersfield, HD1 6PG FAO Dean Grice, Head of Community, Huddersfield Town Foundation.
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS procedures.
Head of Education
Huddersfield Town Foundation
Position and reporting line
Head of Foundation
No of direct reports
TBC (approx. three)
Two years Fixed Term
Purpose of role
To develop, implement and deliver the Education strategy of the Foundation, working closely with Kirklees College, Infant Schools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and the University.
Internal – Head of Foundation, Trustees, Club Directors, CEO, Head of Sport and Public Services Kirklees College, College Coaching Staff.
External – Kirklees College, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, School Sport Partnerships, The Premier League, The English Football League, Kirklees Council, KAL, West Riding County FA, others to be determined.
This is a fixed term two-year contract. The role will go to a permanent contract if funding is brought in during this period to sustain the role. You will be working closely with key contacts at Kirklees College and supporting the recruitment of students onto the Huddersfield Town Foundation in association with Kirklees College Sports Academy, in line with contractual obligations. You will also support around student attendance, retention and achievement. You will also be responsible for developing and delivering with key partners the Huddersfield Town Foundations Education strategy ensuring this encompasses all sections and ages of our diverse community.
- To Develop and successfully deliver the Education Strategy for the Huddersfield Town Foundation
- To be the main link with Kirklees College and the HTAFC Foundation in Association with Kirklees College Sports Academy.
- To drive recruitment for the Academy.
- To look after and support the students on the programme, including monitoring attendance and achievement as a minimum.
- To work with the Premier League to develop the Primary Stars programme, and any other initiatives that would fall under the Education banner.
- To work with the EFL Trust and develop education initiatives with them, such as Futsal, apprenticeships and traineeships.
- To build and maintain relationships with local schools and look to utilise government funding to deliver quality programmes.
- To bring in external funds to expand the Education area of the Foundation
- Prepare reports on all activities and document progress against KPIs for line manager, Trustees, and funding partners.
- To work closely with colleagues ensuring cross working within the foundation, these will be as a minimum Head of Sport / Football, Head of Inclusion and Head of Foundation.
- To ensure monitoring and evaluations of all Education projects is on track and up to date
- To ensure strong links are maintained with all educational establishments, partners and stakeholders involved in HTAFC Foundation programmes.
- To work with the Head of Foundation to support the budget for the Education programmes, ensuring spend is correctly planned and on track.
- To create and maintain Service Level Agreements with external providers.
- Promote all social Education programmes within the local community
- Provide case study evidence for all Education programmes.
- To analyse feedback received from providers under specialised projects provision to ensure programmes are effectively delivered.
- To work closely with the Head of Foundation to develop staff to ensure programmes are delivered effectively.
- Work with delivery staff to ensure they are up to date on project targets and have a thorough knowledge of the projects
- To have a knowledge of Safeguarding and be the Foundation DSO and advise on policies as and when needed.
- To work closely with the Head of Foundation to develop new areas of delivery.
- To perform other duties as reasonably assigned or under the authority of the senior management team.
- To work first team home matches when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think clearly, creatively, and imaginatively
- Positive attitude and strong focus on teamwork
- Ability to effectively communicate with partners and people from all backgrounds
- Ability to support young people and maintain positive relationships with them
- Focused on achievement, targets, and continuous improvement
- A high degree of flexibility and confidentially is needed
- Capable of presenting information, orally and written
- Have skill to plan and organise information
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Have an education background
- Competent IT skills
- Full driving license and the use of a vehicle
- First Aid
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above
- Relevant Degree Level Qualification or equivalent experience.
- Detailed knowledge of current and future funding streams and requirements
- Knowledge of Education networks and establishments
- Designing and developing schemes of work to a high standard
- Organising groups based on development plans
- Monitoring and evaluation of programmes
- Working with young people and young adults
- Conducting staff training and development
- Maintaining budgets
- Achieving set targets and outputs
- Project management
- Experience of working in an Education establishment.
Other Comments – the job holder:
- Must keep up to date with new methods, strategies and programmes around Education and undertake any necessary internal or external training in accordance with company procedure/policies.
- Has a statutory duty to observe all health and safety rules and take all reasonable care to promote the health and safety at work of themselves and their fellow employees. The Job Holder must report any health and safety issues immediately to their Line Manager in writing.
- Will be required to demonstrate positive attitudes and values towards others and work in a non-discriminatory way
- Experience of working in the Charitable sector
- Previous experience working at a football club Trust / Foundation
Huddersfield Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If this role involves the supervision of and work with children and young people or vulnerable adults you will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and clearance for work in football by the FA. As such, this post is exempt for the rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
As Huddersfield Town is a diverse club that respects differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstance we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included within the club to achieve their full potential. Huddersfield Town is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.