Bryan joined in August 2013 and has helped develop the scouting and recruitment of the Academy.
Huddersfield Town thanks Bryan for his contribution and wishes him the best for the future.
The Club is now inviting applications for this role before Friday 20 February 2015; see below for a full job specification.
Head of Academy Recruitment
Position and reporting line
Academy Management Team reporting to Academy Manager
Number of direct reports
Academy Scouting Staff
Internal - Academy Manager, Head of Football Operations, Academy Operations Manager, Academy/Training Ground Secretary, All Heads of Phases and Regional Scouting Staff.
External - Scouts from other Clubs, Parents, Local Clubs Regulatory Bodies (FA Premier League/Football League / Football Association)
The Head of Academy Recruitment shall:
- Have responsibility for the organization, and delivery of the Club’s policies and procedures relating to the recruitment of Academy players.
- Responsibility for the recruitment and training of the Club’s Scouts (including taking all reasonable steps to ensure that they comply with the requirements regarding qualifications, registration and Continued Professional Development set out at Rules 195 to 202)
- Be in possession of such qualification as the League may require and update from time to time.
- Extensive knowledge of the football industry and rules and regulations regarding player recruitment at Academy level in line with KPI 8 of EPPP.
- Undertake at least 5 hours of relevant In-Service Training each year
- Additionally undertake Continued Professional Development organized by the Club.
- The leadership, management and co-ordination of all Academy Scouting activity working closely with the Academy Manager and Heads of Phases.
- Supporting the establishment of player profiling, scouting and talent ID pro-forma and aligning the process of tracking emerging talent on a robust on line recording system.
- To maintain existing and develop new links with Local Schoolboy Football, Regional and National contacts.
- To develop the current scouting structure at the Huddersfield Town Academy in line with the Clubs Recruitment Philosophy.
- To organise all Academy Recruitment Activity Plans for all Academy Scouting Staff on a weekly, monthly and annual basis, ensuring appropriate coverage of relevant matches.
- Identify emerging players within target geographical areas
- Identify emerging players at other professional Clubs Academies, at Category Two, Three and Four Clubs who should be tracked with a view to acquiring for compensation.
- Manage personal workload in order to be able to balance being active/on the ground watching games and players, as well as being a presence within the department.
- Carry out appraisals for all Scouts, to measure performance levels.
- Work with the Academy Operations Manager and Academy/Training Ground Secretary to establish a key process around the identification to exit of Trialist players.
- Chair monthly Academy Recruitment Forum. To report on the activity of the Academy Recruitment Department.
- Manage the Academy’s network of Development Centers, ensuring best practice is in place in these Centre’s, and a regular flow of players graduate from Development Centre to Academy.
- To support the Head of Football Operations in the recruitment of Scholars and Professional players in the Professional Development Phase (18-21 years).
- To put in place an effective communication and database management tool for all Academy Scouting Staff to aid the storage of Academy Recruitment information and aid the decision making process around potential new recruits.
- Be trustworthy and adhere to Club's code of conduct and ethics.