Closing period Friday 26 April
A vacancy has opened up at Huddersfield Town for a Retail Manager to cover maternity leave.
The candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the Club’s Retail Operation, which includes two shops and an online megastore.
Please apply by sending a CV to email@example.com; the closing period for applicants is Friday 26 April.
A full job description is below:
|Job title||Retail Manager (Maternity Cover)|
|Position and reporting line||Sean Jarvis, Commercial Director|
|No of direct reports||One|
Purpose of role
|The Retail Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the Club’s Retail Operation.|
|Key relationships||Internal - Town Board of Directors and all Town staff
External - Town customers and buyers/suppliers of HTAFC
In addition to being responsible for the day to day running of the Club’s Retail Operation, the Retail Manager will develop profitable performance by motivating staff effectively to meet customer needs. Also, they will meet all targets and manage all stock and be responsible for assessing both the financial and administration processes within both stores.
- Manage and motivate a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Manage stock levels and make decisions about stock control and pricing in conjunction with the CEO.
- Work with the Financial Accountant to analyse sales figures and forecast future sales volumes to maximize profits.
- Regularly record sales figures for data analysis and forward planning.
- Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential match day staff and organize training and development of the staff.
- Ensure standards for customer service and health and safety are met.
- Responsible for customer complaints and queries.
- Set up promotional displays and materials.
- Attend Department Head meetings.
- Tour the sales floor regularly talking to colleagues and customers and identify or resolve any urgent issues.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and regularly monitor what other competitors are doing.
- Responsible for all retail staff rotas of both stores and initiate changes to improve the business i.e. revising shop hours to ensure the stores can compete effectively.
- Deal with sales, as and when required.
- Prepare HTAFC CRM direct marketing initiatives.
- Supervise daily cashing up.
- Maintain htafcmegastore.com including photographs and descriptions and data.
- Cooperate will all other HTAFC personnel in the fulfilment of their own duties as reasonably requested by the CEO or Board.
- Be trustworthy and adhere to clubs code of conduct ethics
- Be flexible with hours of work