Answers to common queries on the bike ride!
1. What does the £30 admin fee cover?
It covers your personalised ride jersey; basic level of insurance; water, snacks and dinner for three days and it also secures your place in the ride.
2. Where are the overnight stops and which hotels are we staying in?
The three overnight stop off points are Hull, Scarborough and Harrogate. The Club has sourced accommodation in these three places. On sign up you will be given an information pack with all the details of the ride hotels and how to book them. Please note that riders are responsible for booking and paying for their own hotels.
3. Is there a minimum sponsorship amount you need to raise to take part in P4P4?
The Club asks that riders set themselves a target of £1,000 and try their best to reach this target amount.
4. I want to be in the same group as my friend - how do I ensure we are in the same group?
Groups are decided based on ability level of the riders; however at the bottom of the sign up form there is a section to write your friend’s name. We will endeavour to keep people together if they specifically ask. At the meeting in January groups will be confirmed and team leaders will be chosen.
5. What items of kit should I carry with me on my bike?
If you require advice on kit, please contact Try Cycling in Kirkburton and they will be happy to help - 01484 607830.
6. What food/refreshments will be provided to riders?
All riders will receive snacks and refreshments at stop off points during the ride. A light lunch will be provided for all riders. Evening meal costs must be paid for by each rider. At all the official ride hotels breakfast is included in the room rate.
7. Will there be further information given to me when I sign up?
For those who sign up we will be holding a meeting for all cyclists to discuss this year’s ride in full. You will be informed by email when this will be but it is anticipated for late January/early February.
8. My company is interested in sponsoring the bike ride - who do we contact?
TO TAKE PART IN P4P4:
Click HERE to download the sign up form!
Fill out and return with your £30 registration fee to Robyn Deegan, Supporter Partnerships Manager, HTAFC, Stadium Way, Off Leeds Road, HD1 6PX