Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


21 January 2023

Match Reports


21 January 2023

B Team wins a great game 3-2 at St. George’s Park

- Brentford B 2-3 Huddersfield Town B
- Kyle Hudlin emerges from bench to net late brace
- Josh Koroma grabs a goal and two assists

Kyle Hudlin grabbed the headlines in the B Team’s latest fixture, coming off the bench to net a match-winning brace in an entertaining fixture against Brentford’s B Team.

A strong Young Terriers side, led by Jon Worthington, headed to England’s St. George’s Park on Saturday afternoon for what was a fantastic, entertaining 90-minute match, with several players getting important minutes under their belts upon their return to the club.

One such player, Josh Koroma, looked sharp upon his return from loan at Portsmouth, opening the scoring on the afternoon before setting up both of Hudlin’s strikes.

Both sides looked to play through the thirds and pressed high all game, making for an end-to-end fixture. However, clear chances were hard to come by in the opening 30 minutes. Town custodian Michael Acquah did well early on, first recovering to block a cross behind having initially been stranded on the edge of his box and then using a high starting position to prevent a Brentford player running clear to a ball over the top.

Our first chance of note came on the stroke of the half hour when Tyreece Simpson released Koroma into space on the left; he skipped past a man before crossing low, where ‘keeper Ben Winterbottom claimed just in front of Kian Harratt.

The game came to life at this point. Next our captain Ben Jackson played a pass behind Romeo Beckham for Jaheim Headley to run onto and cross and although Harratt did connect this time, his effort was blocked on the line by a defender.

Cue a Brentford counter, and the forward should have done much better when free in the area – he only succeeded in scuffing an effort straight at Acquah, who kicked the ball clear.

Next Beckham tried his luck with a free kick that his father would have been proud of, only to see Acquah fling himself across goal to push the ball away at full stretch in impressive fashion!

The final effort of the half saw Simpson step inside from the right to shoot on his favoured left foot, but his curling effort was deflected inches wide.

The second half started with Town on the front foot, and Koroma – having had two efforts fly just off target already – opened the scoring in the 66th minute. A patient passing move, heavily involving Etienne Camara, ended with Koroma playing a one-two with Jackson to enter the penalty area, where he took one touch before calmly beating the goalkeeper with a low shot to his right side.

However, that goal opened the floodgates, and Brentford led inside the next five minutes thanks to a quick double-salvo – the first a tap-in from a corner, and then a lovely curling finish from Yehor Yarmoliuk.

Worthington soon utilised three substitutions, and Town took control of possession in search of an equaliser. That came in the 86th minute, thanks in large to more good work from Koroma – he blasted past Beckham before finding Camara’s overlap, whose low pull-back found Hudlin. The former Solihull Moors forward saw his first effort blocked by a defender, but he reacted fastest to pounce on the rebound and fire home.

Two minutes later, Hudlin had his second. Loick Ayina won a crunching tackle on halfway, with the ball running to the forward; he, in turn, played left to Koroma. The winger went on the outside of his defender before crossing low again, where Hudlin expertly got across the defender at the front post to fire home again!

Town’s team (3-4-3)
Michael Acquah; Loick Ayina, Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Ben Jackson (c); Brodie Spencer, Etienne Camara, Tom Iorpenda (Myles Bright, 75’), Jaheim Headley; Tyreece Simpson (Kyle Hudlin, 71’), Kian Harratt (Charles Ondo, 84’), Josh Koroma

Unused substitute
Ernaldo Krasniqi

Town goals
Josh Koroma (66’), Kyle Hudlin (86’, 88’)

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account