Huddersfield Town’s Terrier Squad now over 50% full since launch!
- Town launch Terrier Squad
- Club has worked with members of the Huddersfield JFL to develop a package
- Aim to build stronger relationships between Junior Clubs, Schools and HTAFC
Huddersfield Town are excited to announce the launch of the Terrier Squad!
Designed around youngsters in and around our area, the Terrier Squad will open lots of exciting connections and offers to Junior Clubs and Schools in our area.
The Terrier Squad will firstly focus on creating a cohort of Junior Clubs, with an initial allocation of just fifty spots available. The advice is to sign your club up as soon as possible to be included as founder members.
The package is free of charge for Junior Clubs to join but requires a promise of support from the Club, with interest since launch extremely high, seeing over half of our 50 club allocation already accounted for! To avoid disappointment, please use the contact information below!
Our home fixture against Middlesbrough on Saturday 1 April will also celebrate and raise awareness of the junior clubs registered with Huddersfield JFL, so look out for your junior club logo in our programme, on the big screen and LED boards around the ground.
Group Sales Executive Lisa Bottomley commented:
“Since I was appointed to my role last year, I have been keen to speak to our local Junior Clubs to understand what we at HTAFC can do to help them more. We have had some good meetings with James from the Huddersfield JFL and have also spoken to a number of Junior Clubs to try and create this package with them in mind.
“There are some superb people who make up our local junior football community who put in lots of long hours, hard work, and effort, whilst volunteering their time. I’m proud that we already have some really strong links with our Junior Clubs, and things like the Guard of Honour and dedicated Junior Club games show this.
“The aim of the Terrier Squad is to build on and formalise our links to give more to the Junior Clubs who sign up.”
Huddersfield Junior League’s James Carter added:
“The Huddersfield Junior League are delighted to be strengthening our association with Huddersfield Town.
“The benefits of bringing Juniors down to watch live sport is huge for their development and understanding of the game; we are keen to get as many of our clubs signed up to the scheme and to encourage youngsters to support a local team.
“We have always had a great working relationship with Town and with the introduction of the Terrier Squad it will help raise awareness of the local league to Town supporters.”
The benefits of your club joining the Terrier Squad:
- Your club is named as a Terrier Squad Member
- Digital graphic to display on your Junior Club’s website
- Option for discounted tickets to selected HTAFC games throughout the season
- Option of an annual Stadium Tour of the John Smith’s Stadium
- Entry into exclusive Terrier Squad competitions across the season
- Opportunity to apply for two signed items over the season for your club to use for raffle/auction prizes
- A personalised player video message from a member of the HTAFC First Team Squad; this could be for your Christmas party, the start or end of the season, or ahead of a big game.
- Dedicated Terrier Squad fixtures which will include discounted tickets, plus your Club logo on the LED Boards, big screen, in the match day programme and on the LED displays in the Ticket Office windows.
- Opportunity to apply for the Guard of Honour at home fixtures (subject to availability)
- Exclusive Open Evening and a tour behind the scenes around the facilities at the Millers Oils High Performance Complex
- Opportunity for your coaches to take part in Development CPD sessions
Our ask of the Junior Clubs:
- A commitment to work in partnership with HTAFC.
- Your help to promote selected HTAFC games by way of social media, parent newsletters and communication platforms used within the Club and League.
- Help to promote packages to parents of specific age groups (e.g., Terrier 7s).
Our new Terrier Squad will also encompass schools, with a campaign in the summer for primary schools to sign up, with a view of these starting in September 2023, in line with the new academic year.
For further information, or to express your Club or School’s interest in joining, please email Group Sales Executive Lisa Bottomley at email@example.com.