Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


15 January 2022

Match Reports


15 January 2022

Town draw at home

- Huddersfield Town 1-1 Swansea City
- Unbeaten in eight games
- Danel Sinani scores his fourth of the season

Huddersfield Town extended their unbeaten run to eight in all competitions as they drew 1-1 with Swansea City at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The first time that Town have reached eight unbeaten since 2017, and it was by no means an easy feat, with the Swans piling the pressure on the Terriers to walk away with a well earnt point.

The Terriers’ first home game of 2022, they started the game the brighter of the two sides.

Lewis O’Brien tried his luck from range within the opening five minutes, but former Terrier Ben Hamer did well to deny him.

Just seconds later, Town had a goal ruled offside! Hamer did well once again to deny Hoggy from a corner, before Koroma turned it in, but from an offside position.

The Terriers’ promising start paid off in the 15th minute. Some great work from Danny Ward left O’Brien a strike on goal that Hamer could only turn into the path of Danel, allowing him to tap it in!

Swansea’s first chance of the game came courtesy of Ryan Manning. The midfielder caught the ball on the half volley, but Lee Nicholls was on hand to dive to his left and turn it around the post.

Hamer produced an unbelievable save as the clock showed half an hour to deny Town what looked like a guaranteed second! Sorba Thomas was played clean down the right, his cross found Lewis in the six-yard box, but Hamer denied him.

Moments later, Nicholls was called into action to get across to his right to deny Matt Grimes from distance.

It was almost the perfect start to the second half for the Terriers, with Ward getting right in Hamer’s face to block his clearance. The ball broke to Jonathan Hogg, but Swansea reacted well to win it back.

The 49th minute saw a HUGE save from Nicholls! A huge right hand save denied Cyrus Christie a goal on his debut.

Olivier Ntcham was the next Swansea player to try his luck, having a strike deflected twice en route to goal, but Nicholls was able to get down smartly to save.

A period of Swansea pressure followed, with the visitors working incredibly hard to find the chance that would give them an equaliser.

The visitors found it in the 78th minute, as Korey Smith squared for Flynn Downes to place into the far bottom corner.

Some excellent goalkeeping from Nicholls denied Swansea their second moments later. After denying Ntcham from range, our ‘keeper cut out a low cross from Smith across the box.

Town responded, with second half substitute Pipa getting into the box and squaring it for O’Brien, but his near-post shot was turned behind by Hamer.

Moments later, O’Brien was at the centre of the action again, doing superbly to get into the box with the ball. Unfortunately, his cross was too far ahead of his teammates.

Joël Piroe came incredibly close to sealing the win for Swansea in the final minute of added time, but thankfully could only nod his effort wide.

The referee blew the final whistle, seeing the points split at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Town’s Line-Up (3-4-3)

Lee Nicholls; Tom Lees, Matty Pearson, Ollie Turton (Jordan Rhodes, 86’); Harry Toffolo, Lewis O’Brien, Jonathan Hogg, Sorba Thomas; Josh Koroma (Pipa, 72’), Danny Ward, Danel Sinani (Scott High, 46’)

Unused Subs

Nicholas Bilokapic; Josh Ruffels, Naby Sarr, Jon Russell

Town Scorer

Danel Sinani (15’)

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account