Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


9 December 2022

Match Reports


9 December 2022

The Young Terriers remain unbeaten in the Premier League Cup

- Huddersfield Town B 2-2 Watford FC
- Myles Bright and Kian Harratt on the scoresheet
- B Team remain unbeaten in the Premier League Cup

The Huddersfield Town B Team continued their excellent run in the 2022/23 Premier League Cup campaign with an action packed 2-2 draw against Watford at the John Smith’s Stadium.

The game started and the action soon followed, with Town’s youngsters battling it out for possession against the Hornets throughout the game.

The home side had the first sign of promise as a shot was taken by Connor Shanks in the first four minutes of play, but the possession soon evened out and both teams fought for an advantage.

Town advanced down the side 12 minutes into the game and Brodie Spencer was on the attack, but as he went to pass Watford managed to intercept and clear the ball.

Town’s first goal came in the 23rd minute following a goal from Myles Bright to put the Terriers in front, his shot from inside the box got a deflects and slotted past the Watford ‘keeper.

Our visitors were able to get a couple of chances at balancing the scoreline before half time, when a trialist for Watford got a shot on target, but these attempts were unable to get past Nicholas Bilokapic in goal.

The first half ended 1-0 to the home side due to Bright’s after 23 minutes in his first game back in six weeks following injury.

As the second half started, the Young Terriers looked to have more promise as they took a hold of the game but after Shane Maroodza’s challenge on Watford’s Jack Grieves, the visitors gained a penalty. This was converted by Damani Hunter, who sent Bilokapic the wrong way and slotted it into the bottom right corner.

With both team’s level, both sets of midfielders fought vigorously for another breakthrough to gain control of the game. Maroodza looked promising on the attack in the 58th minute of play but wasn’t able to make it through the backline.

A couple of substitutions were made for both teams in the second half with Sonny Whittingham, Michael Stone and Cian Philpott coming on in substitution for Luke Daley, Myles Bright and Brodie Spencer and Watford’s Adian Manning for Jack Grieves.

The second goal for Town was scored in the 69th minute by Kian Harratt after he was crossed the ball by Maroodza. The visitors soon got a second equaliser in the 73rd minute, as Trialist number 8 found the back of the net to make it 2-2.

A second and third substitution was made for Watford in the final 20 minutes of game time and five minutes of extra time were added.

The game ended 2-2, which means Town’s B Team remain unbeaten in the Premier League Cup.

Town’s team: (4-2-3-1)
Nicholas Bilokapic; Brodie Spencer (c) (Cian Philpott, 64’), David Adewoju, Luke Daley (Sonny Whittingham, 46’), Shane Maroodza; Ernaldo Krasniqi, Tom lorpenda; Donay O’Brien-Brady, Myles Bright (Michael Stone, 46’), Connor Shanks; Kian Harratt

Unused Sub:
Josh Mazfari

Goal Scorers
Myles Bright (23’), Kian Harratt (69’)

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account