Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


9 November 2021

Town victorious at Canalside

- Town B beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-0
- First minutes back from injury for Danny Grant
- Goals from Ben Jackson and Kian Harratt (x3)

Huddersfield Town’s B Team put four past Sheffield Wednesday at Canalside on Tuesday afternoon in yet another high scoring victory for the Young Terriers.

An opening strike from Ben Jackson, alongside a hat-trick from Kian Harratt sealed their victory in front of fans.

Town get off to an excellent start, with Jackson opening the scoring in the second minute! The Captain sent a powerful shot from range straight past Jack Hall to give Town the lead.

Moments later, the Young Terriers showcased some excellent defending to deny Wednesday getting an early equaliser from a corner.

Brahima Diarra was unfortunate not to get a goal of his own in the opening 10 minutes. Just as he went to take his shot, a Wednesday defender got in front of him to block, causing the ball to go flying out of play.

The visitors defence was at it again just two minutes later, when one of their trialists unleashed an excellent sliding tackle to stop Brodie Spencer mid-run.

Town were handed a penalty in the 17th minute following a pretty brutal foul on Spencer.

Harratt made no mistake from the spot, slotting the ball past Hall to double the Young Terriers’ lead!

Five minutes later, Harratt got his second! Diarra crossed to the striker, who sent a neat finish past the ‘keeper.

The game slowed for a period as the visitors began to apply pressure and test Town’s defensive.

The 37th minute saw Diarra try his luck again, but Hall went to his left to deny him.

Wednesday had a chance of their own to pull one back as the clock continued to tick down, but the shot went wide.

Just before the half-time whistle blew, Spencer was incredibly unlucky to be denied a goal. Following some nice play, he turned to finish, but Hall got there first.

The visitors came out of the blocks fastest in the second half, with an early half chance falling to Basile Zottos. Thankfully, he was unable to slot the ball past Bilokapic.

Town worked hard to grow back into the game, with some really nice play forcing Wednesday’s defence to work hard.

Zottos tried his luck again in the 57th minute, coming incredibly close to pulling one back. However, he just overestimated the angle of his strike, and saw it go wide.

Just seconds later, Camara blocked a trialist’s effort with a full body block.

In the 64th minute, second half Wednesday substitute Pierce Charles produced a superb save to deny Harratt his hat-trick.

However, Harratt was destined to get it, doing so as the clock showed 73 minutes! Some excellent play from Spencer set up second half substitute Myles Bright, who handed the ball over to Harratt to finish.

Alongside Bright, Danny Grant was also introduced to the pitch for his first minutes back from injury. Grant set Bright up twice, but the latter was unlucky to see both attempts miss out!

In the final moments of play, one of Wednesday’s trailists somehow missed out on finding the back of the net from a perfectly set up ball.

A really bright 20 minutes from Grant concluded with the final whistle, when he was incredibly unlucky to miss out on getting Town’s fifth! Charles leapt into action to deny him, seeing the score finish at 4-0.

Town B Line-Up (3-4-3)

Nicholas Bilokapic; Ben Jackson (c), Etienne Camara, Josh Austerfield (Loick Ayina, 60’); Jaheim Headley, Ben Midgley, Brahima Diarra (Danny Grant, 72’), Brodie Spencer; Mipo Odeubeko (Myles Bright, 72’), Micah Obiero, Kian Harratt (Kit Elliot, 80’)

Unused Substitutes

Michael Roxburgh; Luke Daley, Nassim Kherbouche

Town Scorers

Ben Jackson (2’), Kian Harratt (17’, 22’, 73’)

Advertisement block