Harry Toffolo is eyeing a response in this weekend's meeting with Coventry City
- Harry Toffolo looks ahead to Coventry visit
- Full-back happy to make his return to the pitch recently
- Town’s no.3 shares his thoughts on this weekend’s social media boycott
Huddersfield Town defender Harry Toffolo says the Terriers are eager to learn from last weekend’s defeat and bounce back when Coventry City are the visitors to the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Sky Blues are the opponents for Town’s final home game of the campaign when the sides meet at 3pm (BST) in the Sky Bet Championship.
Toffs says the team are keen to put in a response following last weekend’s loss at Blackburn Rovers, and secure safety in the division as a result.
“Blackburn was a tough game. We caught maybe the best front three in the division on a good day,” the full-back said during Thursday’s pre-Coventry press conference.
“When you go away and score two goals you expect to get at least a point out of it, but we were naïve in some situations and we can learn from that.
“It’s a massive opportunity to put things right on Saturday. We know it’s not over and we’re fully committed to getting the three points.”
On a personal note, Town’s no.3 completed his first 90 minutes since late-January in last weekend’s game at Ewood Park, his second appearance since returning from a back problem earlier in the month.
“I’ve had a two-month layoff with an injury and played against Nottingham Forest which could be a massive result in our season.
“I then played against Blackburn in 90 minutes that I didn’t think I’d get this season, obviously it wasn’t a result we wanted.
“For me, everything’s all gone really well. The recovery phase has done its part and then to do one training session and play 66 minutes, then just a further two sessions to play 90, that gives me a lot of confidence for the future.
“We've got other players coming back to fitness as well so hopefully we can restore some pride going into the summer.”
Meeting with the media in Thursday afternoon’s pre-Coventry press conference, Toffs was also asked about this weekend’s social media boycott across English football that is being carried out to emphasise the need for social media companies to do more in eradicating online hate, while also highlighting the importance of educating people in the ongoing fight against discrimination.
The boycott, which will take place from 3pm (BST) on Friday 30 April 2021 until 11.59pm (BST) on Monday 3 May 2021, has been scheduled across a full fixture programme across the men’s and women’s professional game, which of course includes Town’s match against Coventry.
“I think it's a great move,” Toffs said.
“It's not about punishing the fans, it's about sending a message to social media companies that racial abuse and general abuse is not acceptable online or in general life. If there’s anything we can do as football players and football clubs then we’re all for it.
“You grow used to the abuse. It's a sad part of the game. I think I take it better than my parents take it. I try to educate my own children to not be like that and to be accountable for their actions. Hopefully we can eradicate it from the sport altogether.
“The fact that we’re having to take a pause is a sad day. I love interaction with the fans,” the 25-year-old added.
“We haven’t been able to see them for 18 months and I’ve missed it. Hopefully we will be able to have that again with the fans next season in the stadium.”