Sky Bet Championship clubs can now make five substitutions
- EFL statement regarding five substitutions
- Five changes can now be made during Sky Bet Championship games
- Clubs can now name nine substitutes in match day squad
Following consultation with Clubs, the EFL Board has agreed to increase the permitted number of substitutes to five in all Sky Bet EFL fixtures.
This will take place from noon on Friday 20 November for the remainder of the 2020/21 season.
Regulation 33.4 has been amended to permit:
• Sky Bet Championship clubs to name up to nine substitutes in their match day squad, with five permitted to take to the pitch in any fixture.
• Sky Bet League 1 and Sky Bet League 2 clubs can name up to seven substitutes in their match day squad, again with five permitted to take to the pitch.
That means that Huddersfield Town can name nine players on their bench for the Stoke City game onwards and can make five substitutions during each match.