Preparations are well underway for the Pedal for Pounds 10 with Made By Cooper: The Chairman’s Choice ride
- Pedal for Pounds 10 with Made By Cooper: The Chairman’s Choice starts in April
- Cyclists are well underway raising money for the ride
- Town fans can support/attend upcoming fundraising events
Cyclists who are taking part in this year’s Pedal for Pounds 10 with Made By Cooper: The Chairman’s Choice ride are working as hard as ever so they can raise money for the benefiting charities.
Over 200 cyclists will take part in the ride this year making it the biggest Pedal for Pounds ride ever to take place abroad and with that a number of special fundraising events have also been arranged.
So far, there’s been around 15 either one-off or regular events organised by the riders as they aim to raise as much money as possible prior to the 313-mile trek.
Huddersfield Town defender Chris Löwe also met some P4P10 with Made By Cooper cyclists at a local fundraising event!
Here’s a full list of the events that have been arranged by the cyclists:
- Martin Hoyland and Will Hewitt-Basnett: Five hours cycling in Morrisons in Waterloo, which raised £720. Chris Löwe also popped in to have a picture with them.
- Adam Hickling: Collecting donations each week at Norristhorpe’s U16s boys matches
- John Wilkinson: On 8 February held a turbo session at Lidl Supermarket and raised £570
- Martin Crossley: Turbo bike sessions held at Asda and Tesco on 22 March, 29 March and 19 April. He’s already held one on 3 March.
- Anne and Glynn Roberts: Held a quiz and fun evening on Friday 8 March at The Keys Restaurant at the Huddersfield Paris Church.
- Rob Wilks, Jonathon Taylor and two other Silver Team riders: Organised a race night at Hepworth United Football Club on Friday 15 March 2019.
- Peter Swallow: Organising a sports quiz at the Forrester’s Pub in Honley on a Thursday night in either March/April.
- Peter Brammah/Chris Gilleard: Peter raised over £400 at a local supermarket on Sunday 3 March. Will also hold their annual football and cricket matches. The football match will take place on Sunday 24 March (10.30am KO) at Wooldale FC.
- Steve Brighton, Nicky Brighton, Andrew Haslam, Paul Kenny and Neil Sutcliffe: Held a quiz night in Ripponden raising £850.
- Robert Thompson and Andrew Hirst are holding a Comedy night on Saturday 6 April at the Huddersfield Irish Centre. Everyone welcome to take part.
- Chris Senior: Holds a quiz night every week at the Walkers Arms Pub in Golcar. The money raised from the quiz on Wednesday 24 April will raise money for Chris’ sponsor funds.
- David Rose, Trevor Rodgers, Darrell Sharp, Mark Harris, Steve Green and Grahame Mckinsley: Holding a race night at the Top Club Sheepbridge (HD2 1EU) on Friday 12 April 2019. First race starts at 8pm. All welcome.
- Derek Highe: Sold framed football memorabilia at his local pub and raised £1,050.
Huddersfield Town’s Club Ambassador Andy Booth commented:
“I have been absolutely delighted to see so many of this year’s cyclists holding fundraising events to raise money for the ride.
“We’ve seen a lot of money raised so far, which will have a huge impact on the charities that P4P10 with Made By Cooper is benefitting. Well done to all the cyclists who have arranged or taken part in them.
“If you’re a Town fan and would like to support the riders, then please go along to one of the fundraising events and help them raise some more money!”
The money raised from Pedal for Pounds 10 with Made By Cooper: The Chairman’s Choice will go half to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and half to the Town Foundation.
The Foundation will split their half in three ways; one third to Kirkwood Hospice, one third to Ruddi’s Retreat and they will use the remaining third for their own Breakfast Clubs.
This year is the 10th anniversary of the event and will be a European adventure around Belgium and the Netherlands between Monday 29 April and Friday 3 May 2019.
CLICK HERE to find out more about Pedal for Pounds 10 with Made By Cooper: The Chairman’s Choice.
Once again, the ride is being held in association with Made By Cooper; a local company with respected worldwide reputation for quality and design.
Based in Lion Chambers in Huddersfield, St George’s Square, the company creates enamel lapel pin badges, patches, medals, socks and much more, with a team of professional designers to help realise your ideas.
Made By Cooper ships worldwide, with about 40% of customers in the USA. It works with all types of clients, from individuals that want keepsakes for their wedding day, to international companies such as BBC, ITV, HSBC, Tate Modern, Warner Bros, and many more including the Town Foundation.
Find out more about Made By Cooper by CLICKING HERE!
The Club’s previous Pedal for Pounds bike rides have contributed to around £1.95 million to the total raised for the campaign since its inception in 2009.