Town supporters urged to back the Fans for Foodbanks initiative against Burnley
- ‘Fans for Foodbanks’ donation bins at the John Smith’s Stadium and PPG Canalside
- Town Foundation and HTSA team up for successful season-long initiative
- Supporters can make a real difference in the community in 2019
The Town Foundation, in partnership with the HTSA, has asked supporters to back the ‘Fans for Foodbanks’ initiative even further during 2019.
The ‘Fans for Foodbanks’ initiative has been a great success since its launch and will continue to run into the New Year, starting with the Club’s Premier League game against Burnley on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
Huddersfield Town fans have made an excellent impact in the local community through the ‘Fans for Foodbanks’ scheme and could make a larger impact in 2019.
Supporters are therefore, once again, invited to make a difference by bringing long-shelf items to the game against the Clarets.
To donate, fans are asked to place the provisions in the branded bins located around the John Smith’s Stadium and PPG Canalside.
The donations from the game against the Clarets will benefit the Batley Foodbank. They will appreciate any donation, but currently has shortages in:
- Meat paste
- Fish paste
- Evaporated/Condensed milk
- Tinned fish
- Tinned meat meals
- Treats for children
The branded bins will be placed around the Stadium from 5.45pm up until kick-off and fans are asked to bring along any long shelf life food they wish to donate – unfortunately we cannot accept fresh foods.
There are six Foodbanks located around the John Smith’s Stadium for this game:
- Three at the South End of the Revell Ward Stand
- Two near the Gym Entrance by the Fantastic Media turnstiles
- One by the South Stand home turnstiles
- There is also a bin at the Perrys Fanzone at PPG Canalside
The Town Foundation’s Head of Operations and Events, Julie Sheffield, commented:
“The support we’ve received during 2018 has been magnificent and I’m sure we can make an even bigger impact in the local community in 2019.
“If you have anything that you are willing to donate, then please bring it along to the Burnley game and pop it in one of the donation bins.”