As you will have seen yesterday, there were a number of casualties taken when what appeared to be an improvised explosive device was detonated on the London Underground.
The Metropolitan Police have since confirmed that the incident was terror related.
The UK’s current terror threat level was raised to CRITICAL on Friday evening – meaning an attack is imminent – but there is no specific intelligence to suggest that football is a target.
We would like remind supporters of our advice to arrive early at all games, both home and away, to help reduce waiting times and the numbers of people in crowded areas.
It is vital that everyone - players, staff and supporters - remains vigilant and reports any concerns to stewards or police.
Here's a quick reminder of what you can do to help keep yourself and others safe at today’s game:
• Arrive early, allowing more time for security checks
• Minimise what you carry, fewer bag searches will speed up entry to the ground
• Be vigilant at all times and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away
• If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999
• In an emergency, listen to the PA instructions and follow them
• If told to evacuate, do so immediately, do not wait around to film events on your mobile
• Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles
• Once you are safe, follow the local police force on Twitter for updates