Deadline for applications is Friday 30 June 2017
- Academy needs a Lead Academy Performance Analyst
- Full job specification below
- Applications needed by Friday 30 June 2017
Huddersfield Town is looking to recruit a Lead Academy Performance Analyst.
Reporting to the Academy Manager, the successful candidate will design, implement and deliver the Academy Performance Analysis at Huddersfield Town.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30 June 2017.
Full information on the job is below.
Internal – Academy Manager, Senior Management and Performance Analysis Department, Coaching Department, Sports Science Department, Recruitment, Players & Performance Analysis Staff
External – Performance Analysts from other Clubs, Sporstec/Hudl for software maintenance and parents
- To be responsible for Academy Performance Analysis at Huddersfield Town
- To ensure the management of all other Performance Analysis staff to provide the Academy Performance Analysis Programme.
- Work to Club guidelines to fall is in line with the EPPP and APP to ensure that all relevant KPIs are maintained and adhered to.
- Logistical organisation of the Performance Analysis Department (staffing and equipment)
- Work alongside the Academy Manager & Head of Coaching to produce a documented video compilation to run alongside the technical program. This will incorporate match clips, how the team plays and coaching sessions that enable players and Coaches to understand how we play
- Produce visual aids to enable the Coach to understand the Academy Coaching Programme.
- To work alongside the Head of Coaching to video coaches within the age groups to provide analysis and feedback on Coach performance
- To work alongside the Academy Coaches to video coaching within the age groups to provide analysis and feedback to the players
- Work with Foundation Phase, Youth Development Phase, and Professional Development Phase Coaches to implement analysis across the young ages
- Contact clubs to arrange provision of opposition footage
- Provide opportunity for the Coaching Staff and Academy Manager to watch & analyse upcoming opponents
- Provide detailed presentation outlining opposition style of play / game plan etc.
- Use a Huddersfield Town Academy template to live code key events from the game
- Work to time deadlines to deliver analytical support to the Academy Manager, Coaching Staff, and Head of Sports Science.
- Code match statistics, and produce a post-match report for Coaching Staff
- Produce post-match document encompassing statistics, playing philosophy clips, key themes, and any other review material Coaches request
- Deliver reports/data to the Coach and Academy Manager as requested
- Code player clips, export them and upload all onto PMA
- Code individual player statistics & maintain individual player databases
- Track squad utilisation & goals analysis over the course of a season
- All databases compiled from resulting performances will be updated in a presentable way within an appropriate timeframe
- Undertake an end of season SWOT analysis with other Performance Analysis Staff, and identify how to progress for the following season
- Work alongside the Club Recruitment Team to provide video feedback on potential signings
- Work alongside the Club Recruitment Team to source video footage in the recruitment of players
- Flag up any players from opposition who delivered an exceptional performance to the Chief Scout & Academy Recruitment
- Undertake a comprehensive review of First Team Performance Analysis workflows and apply any ideas relevant to Academy analysis
- Ensure CPD is carried out and reviewed for all staff in the Performance Analysis Department
- Be willing to work antisocial hours including evenings and weekends
- Be trustworthy and adhere to Clubs Code of Conduct and ethics
- Stay relevant with current/emerging performance analysis trends and implement into personal practice
- Set high standards for self and others and be dissatisfied with average performance
- Maintain the highest standards of quality assurance and evidence based practice, while remaining innovative and creative
Primary Behaviour: Leading & Deciding
- Takes control and exercises leadership. Initiates action, gives direction and takes responsibility.
- Competency: Leading & Supervising
- Provides others with a clear direction
- Sets appropriate standards of behaviour
- Delegates work appropriately and fairly
- Motivates and empowers others
- Provides staff with developmental opportunities and coaching
- Recruits staff of a high calibre
Competency: Deciding & initiating action
- Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects, and people
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence, and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity
Primary Behaviour: Adapting & Coping
- Adapts and responds well to change. Manages pressure effectively and copes well with setbacks.
- Competency: Adapting & responding to change
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences
- Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents
Training & Development
- To undertake all reasonable training, learning and development activity designed to support you in your role.
Diversity and Equality
- To be responsible for your own behaviour and act in a manner that avoids and discourages any form of discrimination or harassment.
Huddersfield Town is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists; as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared. Relevant information and/or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
- The employee must always carry out their duties with due regard to the Huddersfield Town policies and procedures.
- The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.