ATT Voices Panel met at PPG Canalside
- ATT Voices Panel meeting in June 2017
- Fans’ panel meeting attended by Sean Jarvis & David Threlfall-Sykes
- Find out what was discussed below
The latest meeting of the ‘All Together Town’ fans’ panel took place at PPG Canalside in June 2017.
16 members of the Voices Panel were in attendance as well as Huddersfield Town staff members including Commercial Director Sean Jarvis, Head of Marketing & Communications David Threlfall-Sykes, Club Ambassador Andy Booth, Supporter Partnerships Manager Robyn Deegan, Supporter Partnerships Executive Rachel Taylor and Ticket Office representative Dan Cooper.
Independent Supporter Liaison Officer Nathan Hosker was also present along with Mark Bradley from the Fan Experience Company.
The meetings topics were Away Ticket schemes, ATT Voices Panel focus, Catering update and the recent update on htafc.com.
- Andy Booth opened the meeting by welcoming the Voices Panel and Mark Bradley
- Sean Jarvis expressed the Club’s sadness at the recent passing of Voices Panel member Debra Barnes
- Sean Jarvis advised the VP that the Club was currently investigating different away ticket schemes. The Ticket Office are looking at how other clubs operate the away ticket schemes. After Mark Bradley advised he would contact the Football Supporters Federation to seek their advice and pass onto the Club.
- A VP member asked whether disabled supporters could buy online. Dan advised that logistically this would be difficult due to the system. Disabled supporters wishing to purchase away tickets should always contact the Ticket Office and they should be able to arrange.
- FMLT considering possibility of new seats to increase capacity
- Mark Bradley spoke to the panel regarding how we could move the focus of the ATT Voices Panel forward and look for new opportunities. Items discussed included what does #terrierspirit mean; what do we want businesses, community, away fans, premier league to say about the Club.
- The Catering subcommittee reported back from their meeting with the Stadium Catering Company in June. The caterers are looking at bringing in new and improved products on a match day; in talks with local company regarding pies. Looking at introducing craft beer in different stands. Expected to be a nominal price increase next season. Continue with mystery shopper next season. ATT members gave their views on how catering had been over the last few games of the season and what improvements they would like to see next season.
- Feedback from the Voices Panel was sought regarding the new-look htafc.com
- Club has received applications from junior supporters for the Young Voices Panel we will be looking at these in the next few months
- The next meeting of the Voices Panel is scheduled to take place early in August/ September 2017.
For full information on how the ‘All Together Town’ panel works, click HERE.
The Club is always looking for supporters who want to get involved with ATT and help make a real difference. Should you wish to be part of the ATT Online panel and contribute and give feedback to surveys via email in the future, please email email@example.com with your name, address, postcode, date of birth and client reference number and you will be added to the list.