Applicants invited before 5pm on Tuesday 25 July 2017
- HTAFC is recruiting a Graphic Designer to its MarComms department
- Applicants invited before Tuesday 25 July 2017
- Full job specification below
Huddersfield Town is looking to recruit a self-motivated, committed, confident and knowledgeable individual to join its Marketing & Communications department as a Graphic Designer.
Reporting to Head of Design Leigh Shrimpton, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and development of both printed and digital graphics.
Key relationships include all HTAFC staff and Huddersfield Town supporters.
The Graphic Designer will report to the Head of Design and will have an important role in the delivery of the Club’s graphical assets, both printed and digital.
As part of the Marketing & Communications team, the Graphic Designer will work to set briefs and the Club’s Brand Guidelines to create assets that will reinforce the brand of Huddersfield Town whilst engaging with the intended audience, whether that be supporters or businesses.
• Enthusiastic and open minded, diligent, smart, team orientated, exact, hard-working, flexible and a strong approach to development
• Professional and articulate, both in terms of communication, and appearance
• Able to manage multiple projects at one time
• Have drive, commitment and tenacity to succeed
• The ability to work to tight deadlines within, often, a confidential environment
• Structured and well-organised
• Flexible approach to work and working hours
• Resilient and passionate
• Ideally educated to degree level
• Portfolio of work along with CV
• Knowledge of the industry and working knowledge of Huddersfield Town is preferable
• Ability to work unsupervised, working with initiative to take on responsibility and proactively problem-solve
• Regularly contributing ideas and developing projects
• To work with the MarComms team – specifically the Head of Design – in the creation of the Club and department’s collateral adhering to brand guidelines; for example flyers, newsletters, posters, leaflets, etc.
• To develop images for the Club and department’s digital platforms including official websites, mobile app and e-shots.
• To aid the Head of Design with the design of the Matchday programme.
• To design external press adverts to brand guidelines for match days, the Club and each department.
• To help create moving imagery for use on video content for the Club’s communications channels.
• To cooperate with all other personnel in the company in the fulfilment of their own duties as reasonably requested by the Chief Executive, the Board of Directors and the Head of Marketing & Communications.
• Be trustworthy and adhere to Club Code of Conduct and ethics.
Covering letters and CVs should be sent to Julie Nolan in writing to the John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield, HD1 6PX, or via email on email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 25 July 2017
Huddersfield Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If this role involves the supervision of and work with children and young people or vulnerable adults you will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and clearance for work in football by The FA.
As such, this post is exempt for the rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
As Huddersfield Town is a diverse club that respects differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstance, the Club welcomes all applications. The Club wants everyone to feel valued and included within the Club in order to achieve their full potential. Huddersfield Town is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.