Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


17 September 2016

Rarmani Edmonds-Green's late goal gives Town's U18s the win

- HTAFC U18 beat Watford
- Rarmani Edmonds-Green gives Town the win
- Highlights on HTTV next week

A late goal from Captain Rarmani Edmonds-Green meant Town’s Under-18s have won their last two games in the Under-18 Professional Development League.

Tony Carss’ side start the game brightly; Cedwyn Scott went one-on-one with the young Watford ‘keeper but his shot went wide after he was played through excellently by Luca Colville.

Town continued to create good chances; Colville fired over after a neat one-two with Denilson Carvalho before the latter had two shots blocked in the area after showing good feet to create the opportunity.

However, it was the away side that created the first chance of the second half. After a rare break away Watford had the ball in the back of the net but it was ruled out for offside.

The young Terriers continued to create chances and on the hour mark, Sam Gibson drew a great save out of the Watford ‘keeper with a volley.

Scott had two good chances in the box. He head Carvalho’s cross wide before heading Harry Clibbens’ cross over the bar minutes later.

With ten minutes to go, Town had a penalty appeal turned down after Rarmani Edmonds-Green’s header was blocked after he met Tear’s deep in-swinging corner, before Scott drew another good save from the Watford ‘keeper with a left foot strike from the edge of the area.

It took until the 86th minute for the young Terriers to take the lead. Under-18s captain Rarmani Edmonds-Green met a superb cross from Denilson Carvalho and head past the Watford ‘keeper to earn Town the win.

Town’s team (4-2-3-1):
Ryan Schofield; Sam Gibson (George Danaher 80’), Harry Clibbens, Rarmani Edmonds-Green (C), Alfie Raw; Isaac Marriott, Olly Dyson; Luca Colville (Callum Elliott 55’), Denilson Carvalho, Dom Tear; Cedwyn Scott.

Unused subs:
Carl Rushworth, Scott High, Ben Jackson.

Tweets by @htafcdotcom

Advertisement block