Applicants invited before 5pm on Friday 11 November 2016- HTAFC recruiting a Second Chef for PPG Canalside
- Applicants invited by Friday 11 November 2016
- Full job specification below
Huddersfield Town is looking to recruit a self-motivated, committed, confident and knowledgeable individual to join PPG Canalside in the position of Second Chef.
Reporting to Head Chef Ray Sherlock, the successful candidate will be responsible for the production, preparation and quality of all food services at PPG Canalside.
Key relationships include all Football Club staff; in particular the Commercial Manager for PPG Canalside, the First Team’s Head of Performance, suppliers and PPG Canalside customers.
- Be accountable for the kitchen operation following current H&S, H.A.C.C.P’s.
- Be generally aware of the overall running of the business in conjunction with the Commercial Manager and ensuring all communications and actions are carried through to the rest of the team.
- Direct and motivate the kitchen staff, delegating and communicating responsibilities effectively, utilizing weekly briefings etc. setting goals, deadlines and procedures
- Ensure the efficient and smooth running of the kitchen.
- Ensure that financial targets are met or exceeded.
- Promote and maintain good working relations throughout the catering team to ensure that all members are fully aware of and achieve their objectives.
- Ensure that stock levels are kept at agreed levels so that groceries and fresh and frozen products and used quickly and rotated in a systematic way.
- Demonstrate and maintain high standards of cooking to meet and exceed customer and staff expectations.
- Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team, keeping abreast of current trends and wherever possible exceeding customer expectations.
- Be aware of current trends and have experience with fresh food production.
- Devise and plan menus for all players, commercial events and customers taking into account the requirements of the organization.
- Take action to minimize wastage at all stages of food production implementing controls and keeping records.
- Instill into the kitchen a culture of essential hygiene practices connected with storage of food, cooking and the importance of clean, tidy and hygienic working practice.
- Daily paperwork including food safety checks, cash handling records, staffing records and maintenance checks.
- Adherence to Company Policies
- Be flexible in hours of work, this role involves early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Be trustworthy and adhere to Club Code of Conduct and ethics.
Covering letters and CVs should be sent to Julie Nolan in writing to the John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield, HD1 6PX, or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11 November 2016
Tweets by @htafcdotcom