Applicants invited before 5pm on Monday 13 June 2016- HTAFC recruiting a Head of Academy Recruitment
- Applicants invited by Monday 13 June 2016
- Full job specification below
Huddersfield Town is looking for a full time Head of Academy Recruitment to join its team.
A full job description is below. Interested applicants should send their CV and a covering letter to Karen Jagger at Huddersfield Town, PPG Canalside, 509 Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1YJ or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received before 5pm on Monday 13 June 2016.
Head of Academy Recruitment
Academy Management Team reporting to Academy Manager
Number of direct reports
Purpose of role
To develop and manage the Academy Recruitment Department. To identify talent for each age group within Huddersfield Town Academy. To align scouting and recruitment processes throughout the Academy.
Internal - Academy Manager, Head of Football Operations, Academy Operations Manager, Academy/Training Ground Secretary, All Heads of Phases and Regional Scouting Staff.
External - Scouts from other Clubs, Parents, Local Clubs Regulatory Bodies (FA Premier League/Football League/Football Association)
The Head of Academy Recruitment will be responsible for managing and implementing the Academy recruitment philosophy across all phases of the Academy programme. Through this process you will be responsible for the recruitment of players throughout the differing age groups.
The Head of Academy Recruitment shall:
- Be in possession of such qualification as the League may require and update from time to time.
- Extensive knowledge of the football industry and rules and regulations regarding player recruitment at Academy level in line with KPI 8 of EPPP.
- Undertake at least 5 hours of relevant In-Service Training each year
- Additionally undertake Continued Professional Development organized by the Club.
- To identify talented youth footballers who can play in the First Team at Huddersfield Town
- To work to a Club strategy on talent identification.
- Manage and co-ordinate Academy scouts to ensure there is a clear strategy for the recruitment of players.
- Manage the recruitment department and the varying processes to recruit players for the Academy both on a local and national scale, in line with the EPPP rules.
- Continually monitor the performance of the Academy scouting network, through the implementation of the Academy recruitment policies and procedures.
- Review and update the recruitment philosophy, policies, protocols and procedures in line with the Academy and EPPP requirements.
- Manage the recruitment budget and scouts expenses.
- Co-ordinate the weekly scouting schedule in line with the recruitment strategy.
- Continually review and implement the recruitment protocols, and ensure all staff are fully aware of these.
- Through the Academy PMA system, oversee the recruitment section, whilst also ensuring that players are monitored, tracked and reported on.
- Review, update and implement the scouting reports in line with the Academy player profiles, whilst ensuring these reports are completed by all recruitment staff.
- Continually monitor scouting reports and follow up on any players identified.
- Attend Academy meetings, whilst also implementing both departmental meetings and in service training for scouts.
- To undertake your own scouting duties and play a lead role in the recruitment of players.
- Liaise with both the Academy Manager and Lead Coaches in the identification and signing of players.
- Continually track and monitor data in relation to the signing and release of recruited players.
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians.
- Oversee the development of strong relationships with local clubs, schools and community groups to identify players.
- Develop strong links with other professional clubs as part of the recruitment strategy, to identify and recruit players.
- Respond and follow up any recommendations or trial requests from external individuals.
- To oversee the implementation of trialists across all phases within the Academy.
- To work closely with Lead Coaches to arrange specific trials for individual players in relation to training and games.
- Any other scouting duties as directed by the Academy Manager.
- To undertake any CPD in line with the Academy requirements.
This is a role that requires empathetic and effective leadership of a department, based on the Club vision and values, and that harnesses the talent of Academy players and staff in the achievement of key milestones within the recruitment of players.
The successful candidate must have a flexible and professional attitude; a genuine team player who desires to seek solutions and success.
The Head of Academy Recruitment would ideally possess the following qualities and attributes:
- FA Talent Identification Award (Desirable or working towards)
- FA Safeguarding Certificate (Essential)
- Current DBS Certificate (Essential)
- FA Emergency Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Good knowledge and network of other contacts within recruitment. (Essential)
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the football environment in relation to the recruitment of players, and the regulations that govern player recruitment. (Essential)
- Excellent IT skills and a clear understanding of the different recruitment software packages, including the Premier League PMA system. (Essential)
- A proven track record of being successful in the identification and recruitment of players across all age groups within an Academy system. (Essential)
- Previous experience of managing a department within an Academy environment. (Desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of the geographical catchment area for potential players at Huddersfield Town, and a clear understanding of the local clubs/leagues within the area. (Desirable)
- Experience of EPPP/ Category 1,2,3,4 (advantageous)
- Must hold a valid full UK driver’s licence
- A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving agreed objectives
- Is aware of own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement and is receptive to feedback
- Displays a high level of confidentiality
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy department at Huddersfield Town Football Club and will require a high degree of commitment to the role, including evening and weekend work.
Tweets by @htafcdotcom