Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


2 August 2016

Huddersfield Town sells over 15,000 Season Cards for the 2016/17 campaign

- Over 15,000 Town fans purchase 2016/17 Season Cards
- Chairman Dean Hoyle comments on sales
- 60% increase on last years Season Card sales

Over 15,000 Huddersfield Town fans have joined the Club’s #WagnerRevolution by purchasing a Season Card for the 2016/17 Sky Bet Championship campaign ahead of last night’s 9pm price deadline!
A total of 15,023 Season Cards have been sold for the new season, meaning the Club reached its target of 15,000 through the specially discounted prices.
98% of Season Card holders from the 2015/16 season renewed, whilst the overall figure has increased by 76% for the 2016/17 campaign.
76% of all Season Cards bought are for adults, with the remaining 24% consisting of Under-18 and Under-8 cards.
The overall figure includes a total of 31 junior Season Cards bought thanks to the generous donation supporters made to the ‘Project Future Terriers’ fund, which will allow local youngsters to attend games throughout the next year.
Season Cards remain on sale at the Club’s Ticket Office, but prices have now increased to £400 adults, £200 Under-18s and £100 Under-8s.
Huddersfield Town Chairman Dean Hoyle today thanked supporters for their backing:
“On behalf of everyone at the Club, I want to thank every fan who has bought their Season Card for the new season; renewals and new purchasers alike.
“The campaign has surpassed our expectations when it was conceived and I’m really happy we made the decision to extend it out to 15,000 fans above the initial 10,000, as it has given the public of Kirklees the chance to come down and get involved.
“Seeing the John Smith’s Stadium so full for the friendly against Liverpool FC made for such a special evening and it’s great that we’ll replicate that on a consistent basis in the league season. The Sky Bet Championship is a very competitive league and we honestly believe that a vociferous home support can give the team an edge in close games or tough moments.
“I’m looking forward to seeing – and hearing – the 15,000 plus Town fans when we host Brentford in the season opener on Saturday!”
Don’t have a Season Card? Get your ticket for Saturday’s game against Brentford online now; click HERE!

Tweets by @htafcdotcom

Advertisement block