Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


7 May 2014

Match shots from the Terriers penalty shoot-out victory

Huddersfield Town Under-18s picked up their second piece of silverware of the season after beating Crewe on penalties in the U18 Professional Development League 2 North Play-Off Final on Saturday.

Whilst the First Team were recording their biggest away win of the season at Watford, Frankie Bunn’s and Tony Carss’ Under-18 team were battling it out with the Alex at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Town, who were without midfielder Phil Billing, took the lead in the first half when William Boyle’s run wasn’t picked up from a corner and he fired home a header at the far post.

Crewe were level at half time though, following a strike from outside the area and they went 2-1 ahead after the break with an effort from a similar area. 

The Terriers drew level through Jake Charles from the spot after the attacker had been fouled, but Crewe were to be awarded a penalty of their own shortly after, which they duly converted.

With time running out midfielder Ben Atkinson sent the game into extra when he glanced home Charles’ excellent cross in the 89th minute.

Neither side could find a breakthrough in the 30 minutes that followed meaning penalties would decide the winner.

Order of scoring

Town: Jake Charles saved (0-0)
Crewe: Score (0-1)
Town: Flo Bojaj score (1-1)
Crewe: Score (1-2)
Town: Regan Booty saved (1-2)
Crewe: Saved by Sam Guthrie (1-2)
Town: Ben Holmes score (2-2)
Crewe: Score (2-3)
Town: Jack Hoyle score (3-3)
Crewe: Saved by Sam Guthrie (3-3)

Sudden Death

Town: William Boyle score (4-3)
Crewe: Score (4-4)
Town: Joe Wilkinson score (5-4)
Crewe: Score (5-5)
Town: Nat Pells score (6-5)
Crewe: Saved by Sam Guthrie

Town win 6-5!

Town’s team (4-4-2):

Sam Guthrie; Mickey Starkey, William Boyle, Joe Wilkinson (c), Danny Kane; Jake Charles, Ben Atkinson, Ben Holmes, Regan Booty; Flo Bojaj, Rekeil Pyke


Ed Wilczynski, Jack Boyle, Nat Pells, Fraser Horsfall, Bradley Carroll

Advertisement block