Boothy visits Halifax branch to present plaque
The Halifax Battalion of the Boys’ Brigade is the latest organisation to sign up to the Huddersfield Town Club Partnership Scheme.
Club Ambassador Andy Booth visited the Battalion to present the members with their Club Partnership plaque and to take part in a Question and Answer session.
The Halifax Boys' Brigade Battalion held its first meeting on 9 August 1906. The first Boys' Brigade Company in Halifax was established in 1898 which was at Stannary, close to where the 20th Salem Company is based today.
Andy told htafc.com:
“Huddersfield Town recognises the importance that local junior sports and organisations play in our community, not only as the breeding ground of talented sports stars of the future but because of the values it teaches children which ultimately shapes them for adulthood.
“As a sporting organisation ourselves, we also recognise how hard it is to create, run and sustain any sports club, especially in today’s climate.
“The aim of the Club Partnership is to work with local clubs to help them to flourish and to provide benefits for players and members.
“We’re delighted the Halifax Boys’ Brigade is the latest club to join up to the scheme.”
The Club Partnership is FREE and not just limited to football clubs - it is open to any non-professional club that has juniors (under-18s) involved.
As a Partner you will receive:
- An official Club Partner plaque presented by Club Ambassador Andy Booth.
- Match day involvement including the Guard of Honour, flag waving and half-time entertainment.
- Club Focus Match – discounted match tickets in our Family Stand for your members and their families. For every ticket sold, your club receives at least £1 cash-back.
- Donation of prizes – fundraising and Club presentation events (request to be submitted by email)
- Stadium Tour – A behind the scenes tour of the John Smith’s Stadium
- Community Involvement
For further information and to sign up please contact Andy Booth on 01484 484126 or email email@example.com