Applicants invited before 18 January
Huddersfield Town is looking to recruit a Commercial Account Handler and Events Manager.
This exciting new opportunity is ideal for an energetic, creative and enthusiastic individual with a ‘can do’ attitude.
The deadline for applications is Friday 18 January 2013; please send your CV and covering letter to Nicola Stead via firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to Nicola Stead, Huddersfield Town, Stadium Way, Huddersfield, HD1 6PX.
Job title - Commercial Account Handler & Events Manager
Department – Commercial
Position and reporting line - Commercial Director
No of direct reports - One
Purpose of role
To play a key role in:
• The implementation and development of Huddersfield Town’s commercial business partnerships.
• Management, coordination and delivery of existing and new commercial club events.
Internal – Commercial Director, fellow Commercial Department employees and all Club staff
External – Corporate partners, Club strategic partners and Huddersfield Town supporters
This person shall:
• Handle and manage key business partner accounts for the football club
• Activate and carry out events and actions in-keeping with the existing commercial arrangements and deals
• Generate new business relationships with the intention of expanding the portfolio of Club Business Partners
• Manage, implement and coordinate existing Club-specific events such as, but not limited to, the Huddersfield Town Golf Day, the Sporting Dinner and the Annual Awards Ceremony
• Create new events, designed for supporters and business customers, as instructed by the Commercial Director
• Report each Friday to the Commercial Director
• Carry out other duties above and beyond this job description as required by the Club
Commercial account management
• Manage a portfolio of Commercial Partner Accounts
• Ensure a frequent programme of meetings and reviews to ensure the relationship is optimized
• Development of contacts within the relationship
Commercial development of new business partnerships
• Implementation of new partnership schemes
• Winning new business
Commercial events management
• Planning and organization of events with current partners
• Manage, implement and coordinate commercial events
• Create new bespoke events aimed at both supporters and business partners
• Development of events for Canalside Sports Complex
Match day tasks
• Work with the Commercial Team on all match days
• Meet, engage and support existing and new commercial partners during the day
• To cooperate with all other personnel in the company in the fulfilment of their own duties as reasonably requested by the Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
• Weekly reporting of performance to the Commercial Director
• Provide a monthly Board Report to the Commercial Director