Charity searching for Fundraising Officer
Following the recent launch of the Huddersfield Town Foundation – the charity that aims to make a difference in the lives of children and young people in our community – an opportunity has now arisen for a Fundraising Officer to join the new initiative.
The officer must be familiar with fundraising strategies and how to grow income as well as being able to develop strong and profitable relationships with key corporate partners, with further potential to manage junior corporate fundraising staff and volunteers in the future.
HTF Trustee and Huddersfield Town’s Commercial Director Sean Jarvis commented:
“This is an absolutely fantastic opportunity for the right person to really shape the direction that the Foundation takes in association with the Board of Trustees.
“The new Fundraising Officer will be the first person employed to exclusively work on the Foundation and will have the vital task of generating money in order for the charity to deliver the projects that can make a massive difference in our area.
“We’re expecting a huge interest in this job and we will ensure we get the right person in for what is one of the key roles in our vision for the charity.”
The deadline for applications is Friday 24 August at 5pm; please submit applications to Town’s Operations Director Ann Hough, also a HTF trustee, in writing to Huddersfield Town, Stadium Way, Huddersfield, HD1 6PX or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description:
Job title: Corporate Fundraising Officer
Department: Huddersfield Town Foundation
Position and reporting line: Trustees
Purpose of role: To play a key role in the development and implementation of Huddersfield Town Foundation’s fundraising activities in order to secure funding for its work within the community.
Internal - All Club Staff, especially the Supporter/Schools Partnerships Department
External - Charity Commission and other Regulatory Bodies, Local Community Groups, Schools, Club Partners/Local Businesses
The Corporate Fundraising Officer shall:
- Develop a brand new corporate fundraising income stream for the Huddersfield Town Foundation.
- Implement the fundraising strategy to grow income.
- Develop, strong and profitable relationships with corporate partners
- Identity, recruit and retain partners for all types of corporate support but predominately sponsorship and cause-related marking.
- Develop suitable fundraising packages and to ensure the delivery of the highest standards of support.
- Potential to manage more junior corporate fundraising staff and volunteers.
- To develop exciting and engaging proposals for The Huddersfield Town Foundation projects to maximize the support of national and local corporate partners.
- To develop commercially viable corporate sponsorship packages centred around attractive Huddersfield Town Foundation projects, the website, social enterprises etc.
- To identify opportunities for cause related marketing and to develop compelling and commercially relevant proposals.
- Although a lower priority, it will also be necessary to develop events and themed fundraising initiatives for mass appeal to companies.
- To ensure that partners are thanked and that they receive reports upon the projects which they are funding as agreed.
- To evaluate and report upon corporate fundraising to the Board of Directors.
- To keep up to date with best practice in fundraising and comply with relevant legislation and regulation, to work within the organisation’s policies and procedures and ensure that good practice is observed.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the Trustees as the charity’s work develops and new needs emerge.
- To ensure that all supporters are valued.
- To positively promote the work and activities of the Huddersfield Town Foundation at all times.
- To engage with other areas of the fundraising strategy where appropriate.
- To have proven ability to work alone or as part of a small team.
- Demonstrate initiative and determination.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with people at all levels on the telephone, face to face and in writing together with the ability to make presentations.