All you need to know ahead of our next Sky Bet Championship fixture
- Blackpool v Huddersfield Town
- 7:45pm kick off at Bloomfield Road Stadium
- Available to listen on iFollow HTAFC
The Terriers will continue their Sky Bet Championship campaign on Tuesday 7 February at Bloomfield Road where they will take on Blackpool; 7:45pm.
The Terriers go into this fixture on the back of a home draw against QPR on Saturday 4 February.
Whereas, Blackpool are looking to bounce back at home from their away loss against Middlesbrough.
This is Blackpool’s second season back in the EFL Championship after winning the League One play-offs, following at 2-1 win against Lincoln City at the end of the 2020-21 season.
At the end of the 2009-10 season, Blackpool were promoted to the Premier League. In their first-ever premier league match, the seasiders defeated Wigan Athletic 4-0. However, they were unable to hold onto their victory and were relegated back to the Championship at the end of the season. Blackpool would then spend two seasons in the EFL Championship before facing further relegation to League One.
Mick McCarthy was appointed manager of Blackpool after Michael Appleton was sacked at the beginning of the new year following the club was left without a win in their last 10 league fixtures leading them to fall in to the relegation zone.
Blackpool currently sit 23rd in the EFL Championship table.
ONES TO WATCH
Yates is currently the top goal scorer this season for the seasiders, scoring a total of 10 goals and four assists in the 29 games he has played. Yates has an overall shot accuracy of approximately 58%. The 26-year-old Yorkshireman began his professional debut at Rotherham United, where he went on loan to clubs such as Harrogate Town, Carlisle United and Swindon Town before joining Blackpool in 2020. In the 2019-20 season at Swindon Town, Yates scored at total of 12 goals in the 25 appearances he made.
The midfielder has scored one goal and made one assist this season but Carey has a pass accuracy of 71% and has won 61 duels and made 12 successful dribbles in his 23 appearances. The 22-year-old joined Blackpool on a three-year contract from Kings Lynn town in the summer of 2021. Carey made his professional debut for Blackpool in a Carabao Cup tie against Middlesbrough in August 2021 and notched his first goal for the Club against Peterborough United four months later.
Connolly joined Blackpool in June 2021 from Everton. He has made over 13 key passes this season and isn’t afraid to show aggression to the opposition, having been given seven yellow cards and one red so far this season. The defender has gone on eight loan spells during his career at Everton. Going on loan to clubs such as Barnsley, Wigan Athletic, Ipswich Town, Bolton Wanderers, Lincoln City and Fleetwood Town.
Head Coach Mark Fotheringham provided full team news in his press conference on Monday morning.
Check it out via HTTV below!
Town will be wearing their all-black away kit against Blackpool on Tuesday evening.
CLICK HERE to get your 2022/23 away shirt!
HOW TO WATCH
Pay on the Day will be available on match day with no price increase, but this will be cash only.
FULL TICKET INFORMATION
- If you had a ticket for the original date and still want to attend, you can use your original ticket to gain entry to the rearranged fixture.
- If you had a ticket for the original date but now cannot attend the rearranged date, please let the Ticket Office know as soon as possible. You will be refunded, and it will allow us to sell your ticket to a fellow Town fan.
- If you didn’t have a ticket for the original date but now want to attend the rearranged game, we will put any returned seats on sale in person, via 01484 960 606 and online at htafc.com/tickets as we receive them. This will be on a first come, first served basis. Please note: Tickets will be removed from sale online at 4pm on Monday 6 February.
- If you have purchased a ticket since the postponement, these will need to be collected from the Ticket Office at Blackpool prior to kick-off.
- Prices: All prices will remain the same for this fixture = £29 Adults, £25 Seniors, £25 18-21 Years Old, £13 Under 18s, £9 Under 12s. Disabled supporters should pay thier relevant price class.
- Please note: Supporters who have paid via cash or cheque will need to contact the Ticket Office to process their refund.
For displaced weekend matches such as this, the home club decides if the game is available to stream domestically. For Tuesday night's fixture, Blackpool have decided against this option.
Live audio commentary will be available for the game when you purchase either a Monthly Pass or Audio Match Pass. You can purchase a Monthly Pass for £4.49 or an Audio Match Pass for £2.50.
CLICK HERE to sign up to iFollow HTAFC!
Live commentary of this match has not yet started.
There are currently no key moments to display.