By David Threlfall-Sykes
Job Vacancies at the Club
PPG CANALSIDE - ASSISTANT GROUNDSMAN
PPG Canalside is recruiting a new Assistant Groundsman to join its team.
A full job description is below. Interested applicants should send their CV to Rob Ellis, Head Grounsman at PPG Canalside, 509 Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1YJ or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any more information, please call 01484 537 720.
Applications must be received before 5pm on Friday 18 September.
Position and reporting line
Ground staff team, reporting to Head Groundsman
Number of direct reports
Purpose of role
The role requires the successful candidate to assist the Head Groundsman with the daily maintenance operations of Huddersfield Town’s training facility.
Internal - Head Groundsman, Operations Manager, Grounds Team, Huddersfield Town First Team and Academy personnel
External – suppliers, members, facility users and Huddersfield Town supporters
The Assistant Groundsman shall:
- Work a basic of 40 hours per week over a seven day period
- Be able to carry out a physically demanding job role in all seasonal weather conditions and extremes
- Be able to work at part of a small team but also be able to work on own initiative
- Work to a high standard and have a flexible attitude
- Have a valid UK driving licence
- Have a minimum of NVQ level 2 Sports Turf qualification
- Advantage to hold PA1 and PA2 qualification
- Assisting the Head Groundsman with the daily maintenance operations of the training facility
- Preparation and setting out of football training pitches, 3G pitch, bowling greens and croquet lawns
- Repair and renovation of training pitches
- This role involves walking, standing, bending and stretching. It also involves lifting and carrying heavy items
- Maintenance of facility and machines
- Treatment of pitch areas